New parents have lots of questions; send them home with answers. Covering the first few weeks postpartum, InJoy’s Mother and New Baby Care
helps ensure the continued health and well-being of mother and baby as they make the transition from hospital to home. Clearly and concisely present the most current need-to-know discharge information—including postpartum recovery tips, feeding basics, newborn care, and when to call healthcare providers—in a relatable way that appeals to today’s parents.
Also available in version created for Baby-Friendly® hospitals: This special version includes all the same essential discharge information as the standard version, without any mention or visuals of artificial nipples or formula feeding.
- Mother Care & Warning Signs – lochia, afterpains, perineal healing tips, constipation, hemorrhoids, getting rest, cesarean recovery, signs of infection
- Baby Blues & Postpartum Mood Disorders – tips for simplifying life during the first few weeks, signs of PPD, partner’s emotions, getting support
- Breastfeeding Basics – skin-to-skin contact, hunger signs, feeding guidelines, positioning and latch, engorgement, signs of mastitis, sore nipples, avoiding artificial nipples, signs of poor feeding
- Formula Feeding – formula preparation, feeding guidelines, feeding position, propped bottle warning (This chapter is not included in version created for Baby-Friendly® hospitals.)
- Baby Care & Warning Signs – umbilical cord and circumcision care, diapering, stools, jaundice, dehydration, signs of illness, bathing tips, playing with baby
- Crying & Safety – responding to cries, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), SIDS, car seats, other safety tips
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082 x2.
Baby-Friendly® is a registered mark of UNICEF. This product has not been assessed for compliance with the Baby-Friendly Health Initiative
and has not been endorsed by or affiliated with UNICEF or Baby-Friendly USA, Inc.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||34 min.|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
“A very comprehensive look at the immediate postpartum period. Highly recommended!”
- Julie Wilber, RN, Nurse-Family Partnership
“Parents would benefit from seeing this before birth…Uses realistic situations to offer helpful guidance to new parents.”
- Jo Ann Thompson, RN, BSN, ICCE, Holy Cross Hospital