Teach expectant parents how to keep themselves and their babies healthy as they take the remarkable journey through pregnancy. Presenting the latest research-based recommendations, Understanding Pregnancy guide models healthy habits and partner involvement, all while stressing the importance of good prenatal health.
This book's companion website, SeeWhatYouRead.com, features 30 video clips, including all-new, stunning 3D animation that brings fetal development to life and will motivate moms to take good care of themselves throughout pregnancy.
More than a booklet!
- Free access to an award-winning companion website
- Dozens of video clips, printable charts, checklists, and more
- Commercial free
- NEW features, such as weekly pregnancy emails and interactive web tools
- All content is peer-reviewed annually for accuracy
- Use in class, clinic, bedside, or at home
- Fetal Development – overview of trimesters, changes to mom and baby in each trimester, 3D animation of fetal development
- Medical Care – choosing a provider, routine appointments, ultrasounds, first trimester screening, glucose tolerance test, Group B strep test
- Nutrition – extra calories, weight gain, healthy cooking and eating habits, USDA's "MyPlate," foods to limit or avoid, iron and folic acid, dental hygiene, prenatal vitamins, cravings, beverages, breastfeeding preparation
- Exercise – guidelines, safe and unsafe activities, exercise, warning signs, Kegel exercises, exercise tips by trimester
- Discomforts – nausea, constipation, heartburn, faintness, round ligament pain, backache, swelling, insomnia, leg cramps, Braxton-Hicks contractions, general pregnancy warning signs, preterm labor signs
- Hazards – alcohol, smoking, illegal drugs, certain medications, X-rays, hot tubs/saunas/tanning beds, tattoos, environmental hazards
- Emotions – common pregnancy stressors, stress-relief tips, support, body image, relationship tips, dads, domestic abuse
30 video clips and 16 Printable Handouts at SeeWhatYouRead.com — Compatible with Smart Phones and Tablets!
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Additional Information:||10 unit minimum per order. Quantity discounts are available. Call for details.|
|Price||$4.00 per unit|
|Copyright Year||2015 English • 2012 Spanish|
|Publication Size||8" x 11" Full-Color Booklet|
|Number of Pages||52|
|Available PDF Downloads||16|
Best Interactive Website - eHealthcare Leadership Awards
Best Website - Health Information Awards