Teach expectant parents how to keep themselves and their babies healthy as they take the remarkable journey through pregnancy. Presenting the latest research-based recommendations, Understanding Pregnancy models healthy habits and partner involvement, all while stressing the importance of good prenatal health. This DVD features all-new, stunning 3D animation that brings fetal development to life and will motivate moms to take good care of themselves throughout pregnancy.
- Fetal Development – overview of trimesters, changes to mom and baby in each trimester, 3D animation of fetal development
- Medical Care – choosing a provider, routine appointments, ultrasounds, first trimester screening, glucose tolerance test, Group B strep test
- Nutrition – extra calories, weight gain, healthy cooking and eating habits, USDA's “MyPlate," foods to limit or avoid, iron and folic acid, dental hygiene, prenatal vitamins, cravings, beverages, breastfeeding preparation
- Exercise – guidelines, safe and unsafe activities, exercise, warning signs, Kegel exercises, exercise tips by trimester
- Discomforts – nausea, constipation, heartburn, faintness, round ligament pain, backache, swelling, insomnia, leg cramps, Braxton-Hicks contractions, general pregnancy warning signs, preterm labor signs
- Hazards – alcohol, smoking, illegal drugs, certain medications, X-rays, hot tubs/saunas/tanning beds, tattoos, environmental hazards
- Emotions – common pregnancy stressors, stress-relief tips, support, body image, relationship tips, dads, domestic abuse
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||78 min. • Bonus: 34-min. condensed version and 5-min. fetal development section|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
“The focus on pregnancy wellness and factual information is paramount to our clinic. It’s fabulous to have
Understanding Pregnancy as a reputable resource that we can count on to provide up-to-date, research-based advice."
- Kristin Glenn, MBA, LC, CCBE
Patient Education - 2012 Health Information Awards
Health & Fitness - 2013 Aurora Awards