It's a fact, only 36 percent of teen moms breastfeed their babies! Now, you can help change that statistic by giving young mothers the information they need to succeed. This concise program features an all-teen cast of confident moms demonstrating good positioning and the asymmetrical latch. By showing how breastfeeding works, dispelling myths, and addressing common problems, you can encourage teens to stick with it.
- How Breastfeeding Works – breast anatomy, milk supply, AAP recommendations, ILCA guidelines, health benefits for mom and baby
- Latching On and Positioning – skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, lactation consultants, 3D animation of asymmetrical latch, breastfeeding holds
- When to Feed Your Baby – hunger and satiation cues, feeding guidelines and patterns, how to feed a sleepy baby
- How Much is Enough? – growth spurts, counting diapers, proper weight gain, keeping a feeding log
- Breast Care – nipple care, hand expression and pumping milk, breast massage, warning signs
- Breastfeeding Lifestyle – getting support, feeding in public, rest, nutrition, returning to work
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082 x2.
This product is suitable for Baby-Friendly hospitals.
Baby-Friendly® is a registered mark of UNICEF. This product has not been assessed for compliance with the Baby-Friendly Health Initiative
and has not been endorsed by or affiliated with UNICEF or Baby-Friendly USA, Inc.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||25 min.|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
"This well-paced video does an outstanding job of synthesizing a lot of information into digestible bites, perfect for its target audience."
- Jody Scanlon, GENESIS Program Coordinator
Best in Show - Aurora Awards
National Health & Medical Media Awards