The Life Skills series teaches teens how to overcome common challenges so they can balance parenting with the pursuit of their dreams. Through this positive program, young parents learn the keys to success, from fostering healthy relationships to building a future!
Volume 1: Healthy Relationships
- Relationship Basics – self-esteem, positive changes, birth control, relationship stages, moving slowly
- Conflict & Commitment – communication, time-outs, speaker-listener technique, breaking up, unhealthy relationships, marriage, risks of living together
- Your Support Network & Parenting – healthy and unhealthy friendships, getting along with parents, establishing paternity, shared parenting agreement, other supportive adults
Volume 2: Building Your Future
- Staying in School & Setting Goals – education, learning potential, childcare, finances, planning, taking action, support
- Jobs & Money – skills, careers, resume, job-search strategies, interviewing, staying employed, avoiding debt, saving money
- On Your Own – living at home, finding an apartment
|Language(s)||Available in English Only|
|Program Length||Vol. 1, 35 min. • Vol. 2, 30 min.|
|Number of Volumes||2-Volume|
|Price||2 Vol. Set: $349.95 • Single Vol.: $199.95|
"This realistic, down-to-earth series uses compelling clips to give teens concrete suggestions for moving forward in their lives"
- Jane McKinley, RN, BSW, BSN, Nurse Family Partnership
"The teens I work with enjoy watching the videos and feel they are representative of the issues they face in their lives."
- Katie Robeda, MSW