If you like the teaching versatility that PowerPoint offers, you will love this packaged presentation featuring 200 slides and 50 video clips. It’s bright, modern, colorful, and convenient—everything you need is on one easy-to-use disc. No need to carry around bulky flip charts—they’re in here, along with engaging video clips from our new Understanding Birth 3rd Edition DVD, detailed illustrations, discussion questions, and more.
- Up-to-date ACOG labor guidelines
- Recent AAP circumcision & SIDS policies
- More realistic animation of labor and procedures
- All-new families and footage
- Brand new unmedicated birth story
- Parent chapter handouts
Customize Your Presentation At No Addtional Cost!
Fully customize your presentation to meet your teaching needs—move slides, add text, insert your logo, and more.
- Pregnancy – fetal development, anatomy, discomforts, nutrition, general warning signs, preterm labor, hazards, Kegel exercises
- Labor – pain theories, 4 P’s of labor, signs of pre-labor, onset of labor, stages of labor using 3D animation, emotions, skin-to-skin contact
- Brandy’s Birth Story – an unmedicated vaginal birth story shows the stages of labor unfolding in real life, natural coping techniques, and effective partner support
- Comfort Techniques – labor support, breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor & pushing positions, back labor, advice for partners
- Medical Procedures – birth plans, decision making, induction, augmentation, fetal monitoring, IVs, pain medication, second-stage interventions, nonmedical alternatives
- Cesarean Birth – reasons for cesareans, risks, anesthesia, 3D animation of the surgery, recovery, reducing the risk for cesarean birth, family-centered birth tips
- Newborns – newborn hospital procedures with an emphasis on skin-to-skin contact, first feeding, newborn appearance, senses, behaviors, safety issues like
- Postpartum – physical recovery (involution, lochia, perineum care, warning signs), home recovery (baby blues, postpartum depression, healthy habits), breastfeeding (hunger signs, feeding frequency, effective latch, getting support)
- Follow-Along Exercises – slow, paced, and patterned breathing, prenatal bonding, relaxation, active imagery, and labor rehearsals
|Language(s)||Available in English Only|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Ages||13 - Adult|
|Additional Information:||187 slides and 50 video clips :: Compatible with Windows Computers|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|