Spanish Coming soon — Call your Area Representative at 800.326.2082 to pre-order today!
InJoy’s Understanding Your Newborn provides comprehensive, evidence-based education about baby care in the first six weeks and beyond.
Featuring modern, high-quality footage of newborns and real-life stories from first-time parents, this DVD allows you to teach in a clear and relatable way and deliver the latest guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and other trusted organizations, along with the importance of baby cues, early brain growth, and bonding.
- Newborn Traits – womb to world, skin-to-skin care, appearance and reflexes, senses
- Newborn Behaviors – states of alertness and how to interact, newborn sleep and breathing patterns
- Crying & Comforting – newborn crying patterns and why babies cry, comfort techniques, coping with crying and Abusive Head Trauma, baby blues and PPD
- Feeding – breastfeeding, formula, burping (formula not included in Baby-Friendly version)
- Diapering – supplies, how-to, diaper rash, stool and urine patterns, when to call the healthcare provider
- Bathing, Nail Care, & Dressing – sponge bathing, tub bathing, water safety, nail care, dressing
- Newborn Health – cord care, circumcision/penis care, well baby visits, jaundice, vaccines, hand washing and visitors, taking temperature, when to call the healthcare provider
- Newborn Safety – car seats, equipment recalls, SIDS, second-hand smoke, safety straps, pets, siblings
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Program Length||Full Program: 39 min.|
|DVD Purchase Includes||Facilitator's Guide & Parent Handout Available on Disc and at InJoyVideos.com/Guides|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
"A comprehensive DVD that answers many of the questions new parents have about their baby's first few weeks of life. Professional quality using diverse, real-life parents."
Julia Wilber, RN, BSN, Nurse Home Visitor
"This is useful, accurate, and relatable!"
Heidi Overacker, LCCE, CPS, BLS, Childbirth Educator
"I love the updated information, graphics, and interviews from parents."
Chris Logan, RN, ICCE, CLC, ICPD, Childbirth Educator