Preterm birth occurs in about 12 percent of all pregnancies in the United States and education is the key to prevention. This DVD helps you teach expectant parents what preterm labor is, why it’s a concern, how they can prevent it, and when they should seek immediate medical care.
- What Is Preterm Labor? – NICU, how preemies are different
- Who’s at Risk? – medical conditions, lifestyle, reducing your risk
- What Are the Signs? – signs of preterm labor, contacting healthcare provider, what to expect at the hospital
- Bonus Birth Story – reinforces the importance of recognizing preterm labor signs
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082 x2.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||14 min.|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
"Preterm Labor provides clear, key safety information critical to all expectant parents regarding warning signs. It also incorporates respectful, optimistic information on lifestyle risk factors, including some advice unique to single parents."
- Darcy Kamin RN, MCH, Childbirth and Parent Educator
Best in Show, Fitness & Health - Aurora Awards
Patient Education - Telly Awards
Patient Education - National Health Information Awards