How do you get through to pregnant teens? Show them a program that focuses specifically on the birth experiences of other teens. This special version of The Stages of Labor is made just for teens—with modern animation and graphics, all-teen births, and a teen narrator. Easy-to-understand 3D animation of the labor process, real video segments showing teen parents in labor, and personal interviews create a program that's proven to engage and inform young adult viewers.
- Anatomy of Pregnancy & Pre-Labor Signs – warm-up contractions (Braxton-Hicks), signs of preterm labor, lightening, release of the mucous plug, nesting, other signs
- Onset of Labor & The Three Stages of Labor – timing contractions, water breaks, COAT, labor overview
- First Stage: Early Labor, Active Labor, & Transition – contractions, duration, dilation, effacement, emotions, what to expect, labor support, when to go to the hospital, internal rotation, fetal position
- Second Stage: Pushing & Birth – contractions, duration, emotions, support, pelvic station, bony plates, crowning, cutting the cord
- Third Stage – delivery of the placenta, afterpains, breastfeeding
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||32 min.|
|Number of Volumes||Single Volume|
"Bundled with a facilitator's guide, this is a must for parenting courses, and highly recommended for general collections."
- Video Librarian
"The information is clear and concise, illustrations are well done, and the students easily understand the content concepts."
- Maggie Payne, Teen Parent Program Director, Poudre School District
Platinum Best of Show
Fitness/Health - Aurora Awards
How-To/Instructional - 29th Annual Telly Awards
Patient Education - HeSCA Media Festivals