Add impact and accuracy to your sex education program, all while tackling some tough teen topics. Using a talk-show style approach, as well as a positive and humorous tone, this popular DVD series teaches teens how to make healthy choices.
Volume 1: Abstinence
- What Is Abstinence & Why Choose It? – definition, types of sex, values, emotions, STIs, pregnancy
- Virginity & Culture – perceptions about virginity, renewed virginity, media messages
- Self-Esteem & Getting Support – self-respect, peer pressure, safe dating ideas, drugs, alcohol
- Saying No – communicating about abstinence, refusal skills, talking with a trusted adult
Volume 2: Birth Control
- Birth Control – misconceptions, goals, pregnancy, money, freedom
- Partner Communication – talking tips, teen-friendly clinics
- Prescription & Non-Prescription Methods – the pill, Depo-Provera, vaginal ring, emergency contraception, diaphragm, IUD, abstinence, condoms, spermicides
- Methods Not for Teens – withdrawal, Fertility Awareness, sterilization
Volume 3: Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- STI Transmission & Symptoms – statistics, sexual history, signs of infection
- Communication & Prevention – discussing STIs with partner, abstinence, safer sex, condoms
- Types of STIs – gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, trichomoniasis, crabs, human papillomavirus (HPV), genital herpes simplex 2, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS
- Think You Have an STI? – testing, telling your partner, HIV personal story
|Language(s)||Available in English Only|
|Program Length||Vol. 1, 34 min. • Vol. 2, 27 min. • Vol. 3, 27 min.|
|Number of Volumes||3-Volume|
|Price||3 Vol Set.: $499.85 • Single Vol.: $199.95|
"After seeing this video, it makes me think a lot more about sexual relationships. It touched on many issue I had questions about that other videos haven't touched on."
- Araya, 16
"My personal favorite out of the dozen or so teenage sexuality guidance titles I've reviewed, this is highly recommended."
- Video Librarian
"The Absitnence video is probably the best one I've seen on the subject."
- Morning Glory Press
Platinum Best of Show
Issue Awareness/Training - Aurora Awards
Golden Eagle - CINE Awards Winner
Teen Pregnancy & Sexuality - National Council on Family Relations
Awards Portfolio - What's New Magazine
Curriculum Based Education - HeSCA Media Festivals Merit Award
Health Promotion/Disease & Injury Prevention Information - National Health Information Awards