Give parents of preemies the essential information and emotional support they need. This specialized program answers common questions about the NICU,
shares success stories, and most importantly, prepares the family for life at home.
Volume 1: Preemie Basics & Medical Care
- Defining Prematurity – parental emotions, causes of premature birth
- Preemie Appearance & Behavior – what to expect, brain development, senses, movement
- The NICU & Its Equipment – communicating with staff, isolettes, respirator, monitors, IVs
- Common Medical Problems – Respiratory Distress Syndrome, apnea, jaundice, infection, reflux
Volume 2: Interacting With & Feeding Your Baby
- Communication & Touch – cues, interaction, over-stimulation, touch
- Kangaroo Care – how-to, benefits
- Feeding – breastmilk benefits, pumping, learning to breastfeed
- Taking Care of You – emotional health, support, postpartum depression, physical health
Volume 3: Going Home
- Preparing for Discharge – rooming-in, training for baby care, car seat/bed
- At Home With a Preemie – SIDS, preventing infections, responding to crying, pre-crying signals, feeding, sleep cycles
- Early Development – corrected age, physical growth, promoting healthy development
- Possible Long-Term Complications – hearing impairment, vision problems, muscle tone, learning disabilities
To request a free 30-day online preview, contact Customer Care at 800.326.2082 x2.
|Language(s)||Available in English and Spanish|
|Closed Captioned||English Only|
|Program Length||25 min. per Volume|
|Number of Volumes||3-Volume|
|Price||3 Vol Set.: $374.85 • Single Vol.: $149.95|
"Parents across the continuum of the NICU experience will benefit from this series, from antepartum mothers anticipating the birth of a premature infant to families preparing to care for their special child on their own at home. Your Premature Baby addresses parents’ emotions, questions, concerns, and needs at each stage of their NICU journey."
- Christy Math RNC MS, Clinical Nurse Manager, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University of Colorado Hospital
"Your Premature Baby is an excellent way to provide information to parents about what to expect in the NICU. It makes a tough time just a little bit easier-and is a great way for hospitals to provide very important information to families. The movies are easy to understand and enjoyable to watch!"
- Amanda Mascio RN, BSN, Clinical Nurse Educator, Neonatal ICU, University of Colorado Hospital
Best in Show - Aurora Awards
Golden Eagle Award
National Health Information Awards